Top 5 Things Green River College is Doing to Make Our Campus Safe for Students
By Wendy Stewart, Vice President of International Programs , November 3, 2021
It is our goal to be able to offer more in-person services by winter term. We also recognize that there is still a lot of anxiety around returning to in-person classes. Here are the top 5 things we are doing to keep our campus safe during COVID.
- Vaccinated Campus – All GRC students, staff, and faculty must be fully vaccinated or have obtained a medical or religious exemption in alignment with the Governor’s mandate
- Mask Wearing Required on Campus - Face Covering is required both inside buildings and in outdoor spaces on campus.
- New Air Filters & UV-C Lighting - Green River is very fortunate to have the highest standards of air quality and safety. Special air filters and UV-C lighting systems have been installed in all campus buildings. These systems purify the air and destroy and filter out 99.9% of airborne particles including bacteria, wildfire smoke, respiratory droplets, and viruses. (See video above).
- Daily Disinfecting - An anti-viral disinfectant is used to clean frequently touched surfaces including public workstations, countertops, handrails, and doorknobs.
- Constant Monitoring - The College’s Reopening Committee continues to meet weekly to monitor campus operations.
Green River College continues to serve our students by offering a full range of classes and support services using in-person, online, and hybrid formats. If you are unable to attend in-person winter term, we l have online offerings for those who choose to study from their home country.
Don’t delay. Apply today!