Location: Iowa Cite, Iowa
Conditions for Admission
- Conditional Guaranteed Admission (CGA)
Admission is guaranteed if the conditions listed are fulfilled.
- Completion of at least 36 transferable Green River quarter credits
- English Proficiency: TOEFL (80 IBT with no subscore lower than 17) or IELTS (6.5, with no sub-score lower than 6.0). may qualify for conditional admission
- Minimum Green River Grade Point Average (GPA) is 2.5
- Transfer students who have earned 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) at the time of application, have maintained a minimum 3.50 cumulative transfer GPA, and are current members of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, will be considered for a limited number of $2,000 awards ($1,000 a year for up to 2 years).
NOTE: This conditional guarantee pertains to general University of Iowa admission, but not necessarily to all majors at the university. Some colleges or schools have higher admission requirements.
- Transferable credits - These refer to college-level courses which generally transfer to universities. Most but not all academic classes numbered 100 or higher transfer. Read 104 and Engl 100 are two commonly-taken Green River courses numbered 100 or higher that do not transfer. Classes numbered lower than 100 are considered developmental courses and do not transfer. Most college students can earn 90 transferable quarters in two years, although they may need a summer quarter to do so.
- For further explanation see Glossary of Conditions.
Have questions about the University Transfer Pathway program?
Transferred to: Embry-Riddle, Prescott
“When I heard about Green River's Transfer Pathway agreement with Embry-Riddle, a top Aeronautical University, I applied.”
Transferred to: UCLA
“I chose Green River because the staff were really helpful and because of the University Transfer Pathway Program. The college has pathway relationships with many universities. My mom was happy to see that Green River has a Pathway with UC Irvine.”
Major: Computer Science
Follow us on:
Application deadline for students transferring from within the U.S. is by 8 a.m. on the first day of the quarter.
|24 September 2018|
|13 December 2018|
|Preferred Application Deadline:|
|15 November 2018|
|Airport Arrival & Housing Move-in Day:|
|26 December 2018|
|Orientation & Testing Begins:|
|27 December 2018|
|2 January 2019|
|22 March 2019|
Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA USA 98092-3699