Frequently Asked Questions
- How does it work?
Over 25 universities have offered the University Transfer Pathway (UTP) option to any student who is admitted to Green River. The guarantee does not apply to “impacted” majors. This is how it works:
- Apply to Green River – online or on paper.
- Select a university – Choose the university from the list. Check the university on the application. Choose one university only. Make sure the university you choose has your major.
You will receive the university conditional admission letter or statement at the same time you receive the Green River admission letter.
- Will a University Transfer Pathway letter or statement help me get a US student visa?
It may help, but the main purpose of the program is to help you plan your academic program in the US. You should be familiar with both Green River College and the university when you apply for a visa. Visas cannot be guaranteed.
- Do I have to transfer to the university which issues me the letter?
No. You can transfer anywhere you want.
- Will the UTP partner school contact me?
Yes. Green River will provide your contact information for the university to contact you.
- How much does this program cost?
- Can I apply to a different UTP school later?
Yes. You can use UTP to transfer to any UTP partner school at anytime.
Have questions about the University Transfer Pathway program?
Transferred to: Embry-Riddle, Prescott
“When I heard about Green River's Transfer Pathway agreement with Embry-Riddle, a top Aeronautical University, I applied.”
Transferred to: UCLA
“I chose Green River because the staff were really helpful and because of the University Transfer Pathway Program. The college has pathway relationships with many universities. My mom was happy to see that Green River has a Pathway with UC Irvine.”
Major: Computer Science
Follow us on:
Application deadline for students transferring from within the U.S. is by 8 a.m. on the first day of the quarter.
|24 June 2019|
|15 August 2019|
|Preferred Application Deadline:|
|15 August 2019|
|Airport Arrival & Housing Move-in Day:|
|10 & 11 September 2019|
|Orientation & Testing Begins:|
|12 September 2019|
|23 September 2019|
|12 December 2019|
Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA USA 98092-3699