While Green River College campuses have restricted access, all placement assessments may be taken remotely.
You must have a Green River student ID number and a Green River College student email address to complete placement. If you have not yet applied to the college, please do so now at greenriver.edu/applynow.
WAMAP Math Entrance Exams
Math placement can be achieved through online Math Entrance exams using the Washington Mathematics Assessment and Placement (WAMAP) testing platform.
- Test Fee: No fee for Green River students. Non-students pay $10 per test.
- Time: Untimed, plan to allow at least 1 to 1.5 hours to complete this assessment
- Mode: Computer based
- Process: Complete a Distance Placement Proctoring request and select new or retake. Students should take the test for the math class they are attempting to enter. For example, if you wish to get into Math 072, take WAMAP for Math 072
- Calculator Use: Calculators are allowed for all WAMAP exams
- Note: As of October 22, 2020, all students will have placement into Math 062. Students can place into higher Math courses by passing the WAMAP Math Assessment for their desired level
Getting Started (Accessing the Practice Site)
- Go to www.wamap.org
- Click on "Register as a new student"
- Enter your information
- The Course ID is 12499
- There is no Enrollment Key
- You may see a "Browser Check" page. If so, click the "Continue with Image-based display" button.
- Login to the account you created
- Click on "GRC Math Placement Review"
- Click on the class you want to test for
- Click the "Pre-Test" link to start your pre-test
Please Note: WAMAP must be completed in one testing session. Testers are not able to stop testing and return at a later time or date to finish. WAMAP is untimed but takes an average of 1 hour to complete. If a test must be ended due to the center closing that test will count and you will be held to the retake guidelines.
Placement is available in the following courses with the appropriate minimum score:
|Math Course||Exam Level||Score||Placement|
*PHIL& 120 fulfills the Quantitative Skills/Symbolic Reasoning requirement for the Associate in Arts (AA-DTA) degree.
There is a set waiting period of 1 day, 7 days and 30 days between attempts.
- Between the initial test and the 1st retake there is a 1 day waiting period
- Between retake 1 and retake 2 there is a 7 day waiting period
- Between retake 2 and retake 3, and any additional retakes, there is a 30 day waiting period
Requesting Placement Scores
Students who have already taken an assessment and need a copy of their placement scores for use at other institutions may request those to be emailed, faxed, mailed or picked-up in person at the Main Campus in Auburn. Please complete and submit the Placement Score Request form to request scores. Please be aware that placement scores are valid for two years. After two years, the scores will no longer give placement.
Due to COVID-19, we are conducting limited in-person testing Mondays and Thursdays by appointment. Because of this, we are offering our placement assessments remotely. In order to take your assessments, you will need to fill out and submit the Remote Proctoring Request.
To take the WAMAP Math assessment, you will need to know which level you want to test into. We have a practice test to help you determine that. Please go to www.greenriver.edu/WAMAP and follow the “Getting Started” steps to access the practice site.
Instructions for taking assessments are sent to you at the email account provided on the request form.