Occupational Therapy Assistant Admissions
The Occupation Therapy Assistant program requires a hand written response to a provided prompt when submitting an application for admissions.
- Fees: there are no fees for the written prompt
- Time: timed, 60 minutes
- Mode: paper and pencil
- Process: offered on a drop-in basis at the main Auburn campus, during all open hours
- Distance Proctoring: Individuals who are mailing their application packet will need to arrange a time during our open hours to complete the writing prompt. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org from your Green River Student email account and provide your name, Student ID number, and at least two days and times that you will be available to receive the emailed prompt, print it, hand write your response, scan and return via email within 70 minutes (10 minutes is added to the test time to account for extra time for printing, scanning and emailing).
Practical Nursing Admissions
The Practical Nursing program requires the Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test as part of the application process.
Only students who will be applying for the Practical Nursing program at Green River College are allowed to take this test. If you wish to take the Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test for another institution, please have that institution send the information for their test to email@example.com.
The Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test consists of 4 sections: Reading (22 questions, 45 minutes); Math (28 questions, 45 minutes); Writing (21 questions, 45 minutes); Science (20 questions, 30 minutes).
- Test Fee: $0.00
- Administration Fee: $15.00
- Time: Timed, 2 hours and 45 minutes
- Mode: Computer based
- Passing Score: 67%
- Retake Policy: Students have the option for one retake per application window. There is a 30 day waiting period after the initial attempt
- Process: Students must make an appointment to take the Kaplan Admissions Test with the Assessment & Testing Center by calling (253) 833-9111 ext. 2650 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The latest the Kaplan will be scheduled to begin is 4 hours before the Assessment & Testing Center closes. This is to allow students time to park, store their belongings, process testing fees, set-up and administration of the exam, and to go over their results
- Distance Proctoring: Individuals outside of the Auburn, WA area may email email@example.com to make arrangements for distance proctoring
- Testing Accommodations: Individuals with a documented disability are eligible for accommodations. To request accommodations please contact Green River's Disability Support Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 253-833-9111, ext. 2631, or TTD at 253-288-3359.
- Advanced Preparation: For more detailed information about the admissions tests as well as sample questions, please review the Kaplan’s Admission Test page. Additionally, Kaplan recommends their Nursing School Entrance Exams preparation book as well as any SAT preparation materials in the test subjects.
During an admission meeting, complete a 1-hour timed essay about your interest in nursing. You will also be required to complete some math equations as well. View Practical Nursing Important Dates for upcoming admission meeting dates, times, and locations.
- The provider orders 850mg Metformin 3 times a day. What is the total amount of Metformin you will administer in one day?
- The provider orders 400mg of Erythromycin oral suspension. You have Erythromycin 200 mg/5 mL. How many milliliters should you give?
Visit our Main Campus Map page to view or download a map of our main Auburn campus.