Advising FAQs

Advising Frequently Asked Questions

Below are a list of questions that we hear the most from students who visit our office. If your question is now answered, please contact us at

  • When can I register?
    Each quarter, a registration access time will be issued before the registration period begins. This is not an advising appointment. To check when your registration time is, go to the Class Registration page and it will be located on the right hand side of the page under Helpful Tools.
    Be sure to have your Student ID (SID) and your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on hand.

  • What classes should I take to fulfill my degree or certificate requirements?
    Degree Audit is a great tool to help you select classes that will count towards your desired degree. Once you log in, be sure to select the most recent degree audit available. Be sure to have your Student ID (SID) and your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on hand.

  • Who is my advisor?
    You may look up your advisor here. If you would like to change your advisor or program please contact the Career and Advising Center.

  • What is my student email address?
    Your free and required e-mail account comes from the Associated Students of Green River College, ASGRCC. Using your student e-mail will help you keep up-to-date on Green River information and events as well as communicate with faculty and other Green River students. You can find the instructions to look up and activate your Green River e-mail here.

  • When is tuition due?
    The list of quarterly tuition deadlines are posted here. Students who are paying out of pocket can choose to break up their quarterly tuition into three payment deadlines by signing up for STEP.

  • What textbooks do I need?
    See the online bookstore to look up textbooks for the current quarter, or visit the Paper Tree Bookstore, located in the Mel Lindbloom Student Union on our main campus.

  • When should I see an advisor?
    We recommend you see your advisor throughout your academic journey. It is best to utilize advising services proactively to avoid hitting barriers in your education. The following plan outlines key advising check points to help you stay on track to completion:
    • New Student – attend your New Student Advising and Registration Session
    • First or Second Quarter – Meet with an advisor to create an academic plan for your degree or certificate
    • Within the First Year – complete a career assessment and meet with the Career Specialist in Career and Advising Center to better understand your interests
    • Between your First and Second Year and Second and Third Year – check in with your advisor to make sure you are staying on track, adjust academic plan if needed
    • Beginning of Second Year or Third Year – for students planning to transfer to a university you should connect with your advisor to narrow down universities, and begin the application preparation process. Students planning to transition to employment should meet with the Career or Employment Specialist in Career and Advising to update their resume and Linkedin profile
    • Two Quarters from Completion – meet with your advisor to ensure you are on track to completion; turn in your Intent to Graduate form to receive an official graduation audit.

  • Can I change my program of study? 
    Yes, but first check with your funding source and advisor, if applicable, to make sure they will still cover your new program. Once confirmed, you can request a program change by contacting the Career and Advising Center or by visiting the Career & Advising Center.

  • Do I need to apply for graduation?
    Once you have completed the required coursework for your program of study, Green River College will post the earned certificate or degree to your transcript. It is your responsibility to verify you are enrolled in the correct program of study.

    When you are close to completing your educational program you should complete and return an Intent to Graduate form. This would be approximately two quarters before you plan to graduate. You may run an online degree audit to monitor your progress.

    To indicate your intent to graduate, please submit your Intent to Graduate form and a Green River Degree Audit to Enrollment Services.

Advising Tools

Advising Centers

Advising resources for students are available through the following departments:

Upcoming Events

There are currently no events for this period.