1. You Want to Graduate
Advisors can help you monitor your degree progress, create an academic plan and double check that you are meeting your degree requirements.
2. You Want to Save Money
Advisors can help you identify and connect to funding options.
3. You Want to Invest in Your Education
Advisors can help you maximize your investment in your education by helping you with goal setting, time management and referral to academic support services.
4. You Want to use Your Time Wisely
Advisors can help you map out a balance between school and life commitments by identifying suitable course loads and effective time management.
5. You Want to Plan for Life After Graduation
Advisors can help you identify academic and career goals, connect your academics to career or professional opportunities.
6. You Want Someone to Listen
Advisors want to listen, help you find a solution, they can also connect you with professional resources if you are struggling.
7. You Want to get Connected
Green River has a wide assortment of programs, resources, opportunities to get involved - sorting through these options can be overwhelming. An advisor can serve as your foundation as well as your central contact for referrals to other campus programs.
8. You Have Questions and Don't Know Where to Start
Advisors are available to help you navigate College as a new or returning student.
Advising resources for students are available through the following departments:
- Career and Advising Center
- International Programs Advising
- Running Start
- Disability Support Services
- Master Achiever Center
- Progress and Completion Center
- Open Doors
- Benefits Hub