Resources for Faculty & Staff
Handshake is Green River's online job database. Faculty and staff can:
- Register as a Supervisor with your office or department to post on-campus positions (*be sure to use the naming format, "Green River College - Department/Office Name") AND/OR
- Create a free job-seeker account (as if a student) to view the employers and related positions available for students. Become familiar with Handshake so you can encourage/refer your students to apply for positions AND/OR
- Encourage off-campus employers you don’t see on Handshake to make a free account by visiting the Employer login. Handshake is free for employers and links to over 1,500 colleges.
In addition to the same services we provide students such as career assessments and labor market research, we also provide numerous classroom presentations and workshops. In fact, don't cancel your class if you know you will be absent - instead, schedule one of our following workshops. All workshops are approximately 45 minutes unless otherwise noted. Presentations include:
- Overview of Career Services (10-15 minutes)
- Exploring academic & career goals using Career Planner (comprehensive occupational research website)
- Resume Basics
- Interviewing Skills and/or Mock Interviews
- Are you Linkedin? How to utilize popular, social networking site.
Request a classroom presentation by completing the form below.