Career & Advising Center
Our services are designed to inform, support and encourage individuals to be self-directed in the educational planning process.
The educational planning process will help you to:
- Identify and evaluate your academic skills and interests
- Develop realistic educational plans
- Interpret institutional and program requirements
- Interpret requirements for transfer to 4-year institutions
The services we provide:
- Quarterly Workshops/Class visits
- Unofficial Transcript Evaluation
- Development of an academic plan to complete your educational goal
- Interpretation of placement assessment results
- Referral to college and community resources
Advising & Registration for Classes:
Our staff provides academic and career and technical education advising and planning assistance. If you have any questions or if you would like to schedule an appointment, please select the appropriate Educational Planning Staff Member.
New students must sign up for a new student orientation, advising and registration session (SOAR). Choose one of the following:
- In person on the Main Campus, Enumclaw Campus or Kent Campus
- Online at Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR) or
- By calling 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
Transitioning to Green River
Transition Advising is specifically designed to support and encourage those students who:
- Are new to college and have placed into pre-college classes after taking placement assement testing;
- Are taking Adult Basic Education or GED® classes;
- Have been accepted into the High School Completion Program;
- Are at ESOL levels 5 and 6.
Learning how to navigate the college system can be confusing. The Transition advisor can help you to understand how it can all work so that you can achieve your goal.
In order to ease this transition your Transition advisor acts as a bridge helping students:
- Understand the options available to them at the College
- Connect classes to their personal goals
- Design a personalized plan of study
For questions or information about Transitions Advising, contact Phil Smith at 253-833-9111, ext. 2639.
For questions, inquiries, and scheduling an appointment to with an advisor, please contact us!
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
Hours of Operation
|8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Student Affairs and Success Center, 104