Academic Advising for Transfer and Professional Technical Programs
Need to meet with a Green River academic adviser for college classes?
Green River College Kent campus offers general academic advising for college classes from transfer degrees to professional technical programs.
- Program requirements
- Pre-requisite information for majors at universities
- Transfer information
- Career Planning/Strong Interest Inventory
- New Student Advising and Registration (NSAR)
- General information regarding Green River programs
The educational planning process will help you to:
- Identify and evaluate your academic skills and interests
- Develop realistic educational plans
- Interpret institutional and program requirements
- Interpret requirements for transfer to 4-year institutions
Transfer advising is designed to prepare students for a successful transition to a four-year college or university. Our goal is to provide you with the advising tools and resources that are necessary for navigating the transfer process. If you intend to transfer to a university, the transfer advisors (along with the College Transfer Center) can offer you the following:
- Overview of the transfer timeline and process from exploring majors to university transfer
- Resources and information (university websites, course equivalency guides, and admissions deadlines)
- Calendar of university and Green River transfer events, including transfer fairs and workshops
The services provided:
- Unofficial transcript evaluation
- Development of an academic plan ot complete your educational goal
- Interpretation of placement test (WAMAP and College Success)
- Referral to college and community resources
You can meet with an advisor five days a week on Kent Campus:
- Monday: 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
For more information please contact V. Tina Christian, MSW, Educational Planner.
Call to schedule an appointment: 253-856-9595, ext. 5000.