Math placement can achieved through online Math Entrance exams using the Washington Mathematics Assessment and Placement (WAMAP) testing platform.
This test requires a pre-test to determine placement. This pre-test must be completed before you make a testing appointment at the Kent Campus. Visit the WAMAP Math Entrance Exam page for more information. When you call to make your WAMAP appointment, we will ask for the pre-test results.
Testing Fee: $10.00
Required when you arrive to test:
- A physical copy of photo ID
- If the test is being taken with intent to become a Green River student, a Green River student ID number is required. This can be obtained by applying for admissions online.
- $10.00 for the testing fee
- Completion of the WAMAP pre-test and the results.
- Please note that no cellular phones, electronic devices, and additional materials (purses, backpacks, etc.) are not allowed in our testing room. All items must be surrendered for safe storage while the test is being completed.
Note: We provide appropriate calculators (except for testers testing below Math 070), pencils and scratch paper for all testers.
Retake Policy: There is a seat waiting period of 1 day, 30 days, and 90 days between attempts at each level.
- Between the initial test and the 1st retake of that level, there is a 1 day waiting period.
- Between retake 1 and retake 2, there is a 30 day waiting period.
- Between retake 2 and retake 3, and any additional retakes, there is a 90 day waiting period.