WAMAP Math Entrance Exams
Math placement can be achieved through online Math Entrance exams using the Washington Mathematics Assessment and Placement (WAMAP) testing platform.
- Test Fee: No fee for Green River students. Non-students pay $10 per test.
- Time: Untimed, plan to allow at least 1 to 1.5 hours to complete this assessment
- Mode: Computer based
- Process: Complete a Distance Placement Proctoring request and select new or retake. Students should take the test for the math class they are attempting to enter. For example, if you wish to get into Math 072, take WAMAP for Math 072
- Calculator Use: Calculators are allowed for all WAMAP exams
- Note: As of October 22, 2020, all students will have placement into Math 062. Students can place into higher Math courses by passing the WAMAP Math Assessment for their desired level
Getting Started (Accessing the Practice Site)
- Go to www.wamap.org
- Click on "Register as a new student"
- Enter your information
- The Course ID is 12499
- There is no Enrollment Key
- You may see a "Browser Check" page. If so, click the "Continue with Image-based display" button.
- Login to the account you created
- Click on "GRC Math Placement Review"
- Click on the class you want to test for
- Click the "Pre-Test" link to start your pre-test
Please Note: WAMAP must be completed in one testing session. Testers are not able to stop testing and return at a later time or date to finish. WAMAP is untimed but takes an average of 1 hour to complete. If a test must be ended due to the center closing that test will count and you will be held to the retake guidelines.
Placement is available in the following courses with the appropriate minimum score:
|Math Course||Exam Level||Score||Placement|
|070 - Pre-Algebra||1||00-59||Math 070|
|072 - Elementary Algebra||2||00-59||Math 070|
|096/097 - Intermediate Algebra||3||00-59||Math 070|
&141 - College Level I - Pre-Calculus 1
&107 - Math in Society
108 - Contempary Math for I.T.
109 - Mathematical Models in Gaming
147 - Finite Math
&146 - Intro to Statistics
&171 - Math for Elementary Education
&142 - College Level II - Pre-Calculus 2
&148 - Business Calculus
256 - Statistics for Business and Social Science
&151 - Calculus 1
106 - Essentials of Pre-Calculus Mathematics
|45-69||Math 106/Math 141|
*PHIL& 120 fulfills the Quantitative Skills/Symbolic Reasoning requirement for the Associate in Arts (AA-DTA) degree.
There is a set waiting period of 1 day, 7 days and 30 days between attempts.
- Between the initial test and the 1st retake there is a 1 day waiting period
- Between retake 1 and retake 2 there is a 7 day waiting period
- Between retake 2 and retake 3, and any additional retakes, there is a 30 day waiting period
Requesting Placement Scores
Students who have already taken an assessment and need a copy of their placement scores for use at other institutions may request those to be emailed, faxed, mailed or picked-up in person at the Main Campus in Auburn. Please complete and submit the Placement Score Request form to request scores. Please be aware that placement scores are valid for two years. After two years, the scores will no longer give placement.
For instructions on taking placement assessments online visit greenriver.edu/assessments