Better Skills, Better Jobs, and Better Lives
At Green River College, we help create better skills, better jobs, and better lives in our diverse community every day by offering Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training.
Two I-Best options are currently available, Carpentry: Residential and Lighting Technology, and Nursing Assistant; CNA/NA-C See the joining program pages for details.
The I-BEST program at Green River provides educational access and support to help students:
- Develop job skills that prepare them to work in high-demand fields
- Begin an educational and career pathway
- Increase English and math skills
- Work toward a certificate or degree
- I-BEST is open to eligible students in Adult Basic Education, ABE; General Education Development, GED®; and English for Speakers of Other Languages, ESOL.
Students have two instructors in the classroom: one to teach the career content and one to support their basic skills development. With this collaborative effort, students are able to learn faster and go further. Students prepare for immediate employment in a professional or technical field after completing an I-BEST program.
- Apply online or at the Welcome Desk
- Money for school
All students are encouraged to attend Workforce Education Orientation to see if they qualify for extra assistance. Students will need to register for Go 2 College Free workshop online or call the office at 253-833-9111, ext. 2211.
- Change of Residency Status
Students may receive in-state tuition if they have lived in Washington for a year. ESOL students are encouraged to change their residency status at the Enrollment Services. Students will need to bring one I-94, their Green Card or a Passport.
If you have questions about our classes or want more information on how to register, please visit us on Green River's Main Campus in the Rutkowski Learning Center, Room 125. Green River’s main campus is located at 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA, 98092.
You can also email us.
- ENGLISH 253-833-9111, ext. 2315
- SPANISH 253-833-9111, ext. 2316
- RUSSIAN 253-833-9111, ext. 2314
Rutkowski Learning Center, 125