The Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) Program at Green River College provides students with academic support and professional development to ensure they excel academically and transfer successfully to a four-year institution to earn a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) degree.
MESA is a nationally recognized for its innovative and effective academic development program. MESA helps students become scientists, engineers, and mathematicians, filling an urgent need for qualified technical professionals. The primary goal of Washington MESA Community College Program is to increase the number of historically underrepresented community college students who transfer and earn STEM bachelor’s degrees.
MESA Resources & Benefits
MESA supports students by providing:
- Academic Advising, Transfer Assistance, and Counseling: Dedicated MESA staff to support students with educational planning to align with students’ academic and career goals; the transfer process, including workshops and campus visits to explore majors and careers; and personal advising to assist students with transitional, non-academic challenges.
- Student Study Center: The MESA Center is the hub for study, tutoring, workshops, presentations, industry recruiters and MESA activities that fosters “community of learners” and strengthens cohorts. MESA students also have access to computers, STEM textbooks, and academic supplies.
- Academic Excellence Workshops (AEWs) and Study Groups: Students learn how to successfully master complex technical ideas and principles through a collaborative, peer-facilitated approach.
- Student Professional/Career Development: Through peer role models, mentors, guest speakers and tours of local industry and university partners, students learn about corporate culture, resume preparation and interview skills, and connect with opportunities for employment in industry.
How To Apply
- Complete the online MESA Community College Application or download the MESA GRC Application and email it to Alex Martinez, MESA Director, at email@example.com
- Once your application is received it will be reviewed and you may be contacted to schedule a meeting with the MESA Director for an intake interview.
If you have questions about the application or joining MESA, please contact Alex Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-833-9111, ext. 6561.
To learn more about the MESA program, please contact:
MESA Student Center
Student Affairs & Success Center (SA), 126
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 6560
Alex Martinez, MESA Interim Director
253-833-9111, ext. 6561
Student Affairs & Success Center (SA), 126C
Laurie Centauri, MESA Faculty Sponsor
253-833-9111, ext. 5546
Marv Nelson Science Learning Center (SC), 219
Hours of Operation
|Fall/Winter/Spring Hours On-campus (SA 126)|
|Monday-Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm