Top 5 Reasons to Choose Green River College for Your Bachelor's Degree
By Wendy Stewart, Vice President of International Programs and Extended Learning, January 25, 2022
Two decades ago, community colleges began to offer Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degrees, which vary depending on the business and industry in the community. They are designed to follow professional technical two-year degrees. As of 2022, community colleges in 23 states are authorized to award BAS degrees, many including internships and job placements.
Green River College offers BAS degrees in Information Technology – Software Development, Information Technology – Cybersecurity and Networking, Aeronautical Science, Forest Resource Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship, Applied Management:
Here are the top reasons why international students should consider taking a BAS at Green River College
- Cost - Tuition (12-18 credits) is only $6,500 per term
- Small class sizes - Class sizes are 15 to 20 students
- Practical hands-on experience - Students get the skills they need to be job-ready
- Internships - Internships are offered in the second year
- OPT opportunities - International students can take advantage of optional practical training (OPT) after they graduate.
Graduates of the Green River College Software Development BAS program are currently working for Microsoft, Amazon, Disney, and other global companies. Read our international student testimonials to learn why they chose Green River College for their Bachelor's degree.
Students can also continue on to graduate school after completing a BAS degree.