Welcome to Career & Advising
Our comprehensive services are designed to inform, support and encourage individuals to be self-directed in the educational planning process.
At the Career and Advising Center we help with:
- Identifying and evaluating academic and career interests
- New student Advising and Registration sessions (during active new student registration each quarter)
- Preparation for university transfer
- Development of academic plans
- Interpretation of institutional and program/degree requirements
- Referral to college and community resources, including faculty advisor assignment
To best serve you, please select from the departments below.
Green River College has several advising offices and faculty on campus to assist you with goal exploration, degree planning, and quarterly class selection.
Career Services serves students, alumni, and the community by helping clarify career goals, offering resources, partnering with faculty and linking employers with students to help launch their career.
Advising by Appointment
Typically 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Educational planning
- Financial Aid Petitions
- Academic standards blocks
- First Quarter Advising
- Unofficial Transcript Evaluations
Typically 1 to 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Career Assessments
- Resume Editing
- Job search assistance
To make an appointment contact the Career and Advising Center at 253-833-9111, ext. 2641, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop-In Advising is available on Mondays and Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. The last student will be taken at 5:45 p.m.
Hours of Operation
|8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Student Affairs and Success Center, 104
There are currently no events for this period.
Immigrant & Refugee Resources
For the latest news and updates regarding U.S. immigration policy, please visit the Holman Library's guide on Immigrant and Refugee Resources.