What is New Student Advising and Registration?
New Student Advising and Registration, or NSAR, is a mandatory step in the new student process. NSAR covers important information that all new students should know about Green River including:
- The resources available at Green River to support your educational goals
- Your placement and eligibility for first quarter classes
- Information about your program of study
- How to register for classes (including receiving your PIN number)
- What to expect for enrolling in future quarters
- Assignment to advisor
Who Does and Does Not Complete NSAR?
The following students DO NOT register and complete a NSAR. See details below:
- Running Start (RS) students DO NOT attend NSAR. Instead, RS students complete a separate, mandatory orientation, called a RAP Session, provided by the Running Start office. Contact Running Start for more information on this process.
- Transfer-in Students who have completed credit at another college should connect with an advisor in the Career & Advising Center to determine next steps. Please call 253-833-9111 ext. 2641 or email email@example.com or visit our the CAC virtual lobby for more information.
- Students attending Green River only for 1-2 quarters and not planning to complete a degree or certificate should connect with an advisor in the Career & Advising Center to determine next steps. Please call 253-833-9111 ext. 2641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Students who placed in Transitional Studies (TS) courses must complete the CASAS assessment prior to registering for classes. Upon completing CASAS you will meet with a Master Achiever Center (MAC) advisor for course registration.
*ALL other students (who do not place into any of the above student types) are required to complete NSAR in order to receive their PIN and register for classes.
When is NSAR Available?
NSAR is available on the first day of new student registration for each quarter. Registration for NSAR sessions begins the first day of the previous quarter.
|Quarter||NSAR Sign-Up Available||NSAR Sessions Begin||Quarter Starts|
|Spring 2021||Closed||Closed||March 31, 2021|
|Summer 2021||Available Now||May 24, 2021||June 28, 2021|
|Fall 2021||Available Now||May 24, 2021||Sept. 20, 2021|
How do I sign up for NSAR?
If you are unable to attend the NSAR, please send a request to email@example.com with your first and last name, student ID number, and the reason you are unable to attend for an alternative option.
Advising resources for students are available through the following departments: