What is New Student Advising and Registration?
New Student Advising and Registration, or NSAR, is a mandatory step in the new student process. NSAR covers important information that all new students should know about Green River including:
- The resources available at Green River to support your educational goals
- Your placement and eligibility for first quarter classes
- Information about your program of study
- How to register for classes (including receiving your PIN number)
- What to expect for enrolling in future quarters
- Assignment to advisor
Who Completes NSAR?
NSAR is mandatory for all new Green River students with the following exceptions:
- New Running Start students complete a separate mandatory orientation process after submitting an Enrollment Verification Form. Visit Running Start for more information on this process.
- Transfer-in Students who have completed credit at another college should connect with an advisor in the Career & Advising Center to determine next steps. Please call 253-833-9111 ext. 2641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Students only attending Green River for one quarter and not planning to complete a degree or certificate should connect with an advisor in the Career & Advising Center to determine next steps. Please call 253-833-9111 ext. 2641 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Students placing in Transitional Studies courses must complete the CASAS assessment prior to registering for classes. Upon completing CASAS you will meet with a Master Achiever Center (MAC) advisor for course registration.
When is NSAR Available?
NSAR is available on the first day of new student registration for each quarter. Registration for NSAR sessions begins the first day of the previous quarter.
|Quarter||NSAR Sign-Up Available||NSAR Sessions Begin||Quarter Starts|
|Spring 2020||Closed||February 12, 2020||March 30, 2020|
|Summer 2020||Available Now||May 26, 2020||June 29, 2020|
|Fall 2020||Available Now||May 26, 2020||Sep 21, 2020|
How do I sign up for NSAR?
If you are unable to attend the NSAR, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, student ID number, and the reason you are unable to attend for an alternative option.
Advising resources for students are available through the following departments:
- Career and Advising Center
- International Programs Advising
- Running Start
- Disability Support Services
- Master Achiever Center
- Progress and Completion Center
- Open Doors
- Benefits Hub
There are currently no events for this period.