About our Program
Elevate Your Professional Skills - Advance Your Career - Build Your Business
Build the skills you need for an exciting career in Marketing or to start a high-growth business of your own. The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Marketing and Entrepreneurship at Green River College provides:
- Practical opportunities working with area industry on real projects.
- The skills and opportunity to create a launch-ready business of your own.
- Development of high demand skills and abilities.
Earning a bachelor’s degree has never been more affordable! The estimated price of attending full-time as a Washington state resident is approximately $2,300 a quarter, plus books and course fees. For a detailed breakdown, visit our Tuition and Fee chart.
What You Will Learn
Through project-based learning, you will gain valuable skills needed to succeed as a marketing professional or entrepreneur. You will learn about:
- Product Development
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Marketing Research
- Digital Marketing
- Project Management
- Business Planning
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Promotional Planning
Information on Careers and Earnings
Potential Occupations: Marketing Manager, Market Research Analyst, Business Development Manger
Potential Earnings: $49.05 to $64.87 an hour
- Marketing positions in King County requiring a Bachelors degree are in high demand and pay an average of $85,000 per year and up. Marketing positions requiring a bachelors degree are high-growth and high-demand nationwide. (see: US Department of Labor for Marketing Managers and Analysts, ONET Online Report for Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists.
- 49 percent of senior hiring managers reported difficulty finding qualified candidates for marketing-related positions when surveyed. The Workforce Development Council of King County Pipeline study showed an annual shortage of 377 candidates for Market Research Analyst positions requiring a Bachelors degrees (page 43, occupation 36).
- Entrepreneurs are needed and the start-up culture is highly valued in our economy. As a BAS student you will have the opportunity to build a launch-ready business and present your idea to business leaders and investors. According to the Kauffman Foundation, "Nearly all net job creation since 1980 has occurred in firms less than five years old."
- Marketing & Entrepreneurship BAS Program Requirements
- Marketing & Entrepreneurship BAS FAQ
- All Business Marketing & Entrepreneurship programs
Program At A Glance
- Structure: Full-Time Cohort Model
- Delivery: Hybrid
- Location: Online and Kent Campus
- Times: Tuesdays or Thursdays, 5-9 p.m.
- Starting Quarters: Fall and Winter
- Duration: Cohort runs for 18 months; additional time may be needed depending on the student.
- Cost: approx. $13,800 plus books and course fees for Residents as of 2017-2018.
(See current Tuition & Fees)
Sign up to learn more about the program, book an appointment with an advisor, and receive program updates.
Attend An Info Session
Check back here for upcoming info sessions.