The Full-Time LPN Program application cycle runs April 15th to 4pm on June 1st each year. The Part-Time LPN Program application cycle runs December 1st to 4pm on January 15th each year. Below is a list of application requirments to help prepare you for this process.
- Complete all prerequisite coursework.
Prerequisites for Practical Nursing
Dept./Course # Course Title Credits
BIO& 160 or
General Biology with Lab or
5 BIO& 241 Anatomy & Physiology I 5 BIO& 242 Anatomy & Physiology II 5 CMST& 101, 210,
CMST& 220, 230,
or CMST& 238
Communication Studies 5 ENGL& 101 English Composition 5
MATH& 146 or
Introduction to Statistics or
Statistics for Business and Social Science
5 NUTR& 101 Nutrition 5 PSYC& 100 General Psychology 5 PSYC& 200 Lifespan Psychology 5
A minimum grade of 2.5+ is required in each nursing and supporting course, and a cumulative GPA of 3.0+ is required for all pre-requisite courses.
One course may be in progress at the time of application.
Courses taken as part of a career or technical program (i.e. NAC, MA, Surgical-Tech, etc.) may not be equivocal.
If you have questions about course requirements, please schedule an appointment with the Health Occupations Advisor for further assistance.
- Apply to Green River College and obtain a student ID number.
- Have your official transcripts sent to Green River College. You will need to do this for each college you have attended.
- Submit the Transcript Evaluation Request
- One page cover letter that highlights your experience, strengths, the value that you would add to the LPN program, and why the LPN program is a good fit for you.
- Complete all required immunizations and tests.
- Two-step TB
- Hepatitis B
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
Degrees & Certificates
Program Quick Links
- Program Overview
- Mission and Program Goals
- Application and Admissions
- Holistic Admissions-Be a Strong Candidate
- Important Dates
- Costs & Funding Options
- 2023-24 Nursing Student Handbook
- Practical Nursing FAQ's
Contact & Location
The Green River College Practical Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA) located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20037.
The Green River College Practical Nursing Program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission.