The Full-Time LPN Program application cycle runs April-June each year. The Part-Time LPN Program application runs November-January. Below is a list of application materials to help prepare you for this process.
- Complete all prerequisite coursework.
Prerequisites for Practical Nursing
Dept./Course # Course Title Credits BIO& 160 General Biology with Lab 5 BIO& 241 Anatomy & Physiology I 5 BIO& 242 Anatomy & Physiology II 5 CMST& 101, 210,
CMST& 220, 230,
or CMST& 238
Communication Studies 5 ENGL& 101 English Composition 5 MATH& 146 Introduction to Statistics 5 NUTR& 101 Nutrition 5 PSYC& 100 General Psychology 5 PSYC& 200 Lifespan Psychology 5
A minimum grade of 2.5 or higher is required in each nursing and supporting course.
One course may be in progress at the time of application.
- Apply to Green River College and obtain a student ID number.
- Have your official transcripts sent to Green River College. You will need to do this for each college you have attended.
- Complete all required immunizations and tests.
- Two-step TB
- Hepatitis B
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
- Complete the application: Practical Nursing Application
Degrees & Certificates
Program Quick Links
- Program Overview
- Mission and Program Goals
- Application and Admissions
- Important Dates
- Costs & Funding Options
- 2021-2022 Nursing Student Handbook
Contact & Location
- Email Us for General Inquiries
- Call for appointment: 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
- Health Occupation Admissions
Career & Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
The Green River College Practical Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA) located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20037.
The Green River College Practical Nursing Program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission.