Admission Requirements for Practical Nursing
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a 2.5 or higher
- Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam
- LPN applicants will need to take the Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam. The exam consists of four sections: Science, Reading, Writing, and You can study for the exam by purchasing the Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exams: Your Complete Guide into Nursing School, 7th Edition book.
- Applicants will need a 67% overall score. The test can be taken at Green River's Assessment Center starting in March
- Healthcare Provider BLS CPR
- You can go to heart.org to find CPR classes near you
- Admission Meeting
- Meeting to write your admission essay. Dates and times for this meeting will be posted on the nursing website. Meeting dates are available between March - June.
- You can turn in your completed application to Enrollment Services, SA, starting May 15 and closing June 25, 2018.
- Completed Application
Ready to apply? Please check out the steps to applying.
Degrees & Certificates
Applications and Admissions
LPN Applications will open May 24 and close June 24, 2019
- Applying to the LPN program
- LPN Admissions Meeting Dates
- Disqualifying Factors
- Questions about immunizations
Potential Funding Opportunities
Contact & Location
- Email for general inquiries
- Call for appointment: 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
- Health Occupation Admissions
Career & Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
The Green River College Practical Nursing program holds pre-accreditation status from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation, located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 20037. Holding pre-accreditation status does not guarantee that initial accreditation by NLN CNEA will be received.
The Green River College Practical Nursing program is fully accredited by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission and the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.