Admission Requirements for Practical Nursing
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a 2.5 or higher
- Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam
- LPN applicants will need to take the Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam. The exam consists of four sections: Science, Reading, Writing, and You can study for the exam by purchasing the Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exams: Your Complete Guide into Nursing School, 7th Edition book.
- Applicants will need a 67% overall score. The test can be taken at Green River's Assessment Center starting in March
- Healthcare Provider BLS CPR
- You can go to heart.org to find CPR classes near you
- Admission Meeting
- Meeting to write your admission essay. Dates and times for this meeting will be posted on the nursing website. Meeting dates are available between March - June.
- You can turn in your completed application to Enrollment Services, SA, starting May 15 and closing June 25, 2018.
- Completed Application
Ready to apply? Please check out the steps to applying.
Degrees & Certificates
Applications and Admissions
LPN Applications will open May 24 and close June 24, 2019
- Applying to the LPN program
- LPN Admissions Meeting Dates
- Disqualifying Factors
- Questions about immunizations
Potential Funding Opportunities
Contact & Location
- Email for general inquiries
- Call for appointment: 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
- Health Occupation Admissions
Career & Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
Green River College’s Nursing Program Pursues Pre- Accreditation Candidacy
The Green River College Practical Nursing program is pursuing pre-accreditation candidacy status from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA), located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20037; phone 202-909-2500. Interested parties are invited to submit third party comments in writing directly to NLN CNEA, attention Betsy Frank, NLN CNEA Associate Director, no later than August 24, 2018.