General Education Development (GED®)
Be prepared to pass the GED® exam!
Green River offers General Educational Development preparation classes to help you successfully pass the GED® exam. GED® classes are $25 per quarter, and are offered on and off campus during the day and in the evening.
If you are 16 or 17 you will need to provide a "Release of Student" form from your high school before you can attend GED® classes at Green River. No one under 16 years old may attend these classes.
Preparation and Resources
How to Prepare
GED® Test preparation courses
Classes are offered for people who want to master the skills required in reading, writing, math, science and social studies to pass the GED® exam. Classes are held on our main campus and other off-campus locations. Students between 16 and 19 years old must get a Release of Student form from their high school before they can register for these classes.
There is a $25 tuition fee for ABE/GED® classes. Tuition waivers are available for those who qualify.
To enroll in GED® preparation courses you will need to take the CASAS assessment which takes approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- GED Testing Service PowerPoint tutorial
- King County Library System - Books with free practice tests
How to Test
- Apply for Admissions to Green River College, and receive your Student ID number.
- Take the CASAS Assessment if you are a new ABE student, and have not taken the test in the past six months.
- To take the CASAS got to the Basic Skills Office in Rutkowski Learning Center, 125.
- Bring a photo ID and your Student ID number.
- You cannot fail the CASAS; this test tells us your current skill levels.
- The CASAS may take up to two and a half hours to complete.
- Taking the CASAS test is free.
- Complete registration
- ABE classes cost $25.00 per quarter.
- Tuition waivers are available for those who qualify.
- Students are ready to start class!
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday - Sunday|
If you have questions about our classes or want more information on how to register, please visit us on Green River's Main Campus in the Rutkowski Learning Center, Room 125. Green River’s main campus is located at 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA, 98092.
You can also email us.
Use any of the numbers below to call us:
Master Achiever Center (MAC):