General Education Development (GED®)
Be prepared to pass the GED® exam!
Green River offers General Educational Development preparation classes to help you successfully pass the GED® exam. GED® classes are $25 per quarter, and are offered on and off campus during the day and in the evening.
If you are 16 or 17 you will need to provide a "Release of Student" form from your high school before you can attend GED® classes at Green River. No one under 16 years old may attend these classes.
Preparation and Resources
How to Prepare
GED® Test preparation courses
Classes are offered for people who want to master the skills required in reading, writing, math, science and social studies to pass the GED® exam. Classes are held on our main campus and other off-campus locations. Students between 16 and 19 years old must get a Release of Student form from their high school before they can register for these classes.
There is a $25 tuition fee for ABE/GED® classes. Tuition waivers are available for those who qualify.
To enroll in GED® preparation courses you will need to take the CASAS assessment which takes approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- GED Testing Service PowerPoint tutorial
- King County Library System - Books with free practice tests
How to Test
- Apply for Admissions to Green River College, and receive your Student ID number.
- Take the CASAS Assessment if you are a new ABE student, and have not taken the test in the past six months.
- To take the CASAS got to the Basic Skills Office in the Student Affairs building, SA-270.
- Bring a photo ID and your Student ID number.
- You cannot fail the CASAS; this test tells us your current skill levels.
- The CASAS may take up to two and a half hours to complete.
- Taking the CASAS test is free.
- Complete registration
- ABE classes cost $25.00 per quarter.
- Tuition waivers are available for those who qualify.
- Students are ready to start class!
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday - Sunday|
If you have questions about our classes or want more information on how to register, please visit us on Green River's Main Campus in the Student Affairs building, SA-270. Green River’s main campus is located at 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA, 98092.
You can also email us.
Use any of the numbers below to call us:
Master Achiever Center (MAC):