Master Achiever Center
The Master Achiever Center (MAC) serves as an advising and transitions center for TS, GED®, High School 21+, ESOL, and I-BEST students.
MAC advisers and staff provide academic advising, mentoring, encouragement and other support services to students, with the goal of increasing student success. Students are welcome to walk in during office hours or to set up an appointment with an adviser in advance.
Advising, I-BEST, Financial Aid and Registration
- Learn about useful resources at Green River College.
- Identify requirements for programs.
- Get help selecting and registering for classes.
- Learn about I-BEST program options.
- Clarify your education, career goals, and create an educational plan.
- Receive information about FAFSA/WASFA, Workforce Education, and scholarships.
Next Steps Planning
The MAC offers assistance, information, and guidance to students who are planning to transition on to other programs, especially those students in GED®/TS/HS21+ and ESOL classes. The key areas to ask about and discuss with a MAC advisor before you transition are:
- Career Exploration - What types of careers are out there? What do I want to do? What skills and talents do I want to utilize? What training might be right for me?
- Choosing a Program of Study - Do I want or need to get a specific certificate? Do I want to transfer to a university? What are the options at Green River and how do I find out more about what's involved?
- Determining Funding Options - How can I pay for classes? Are there scholarships, grants, or financial aid available to me? What are the deadlines for applying for these?
- Registration for Classes - Are there specific CASAS scores I need to move on? Do I need to take College Success Placement or WAMAP? What classes will I start with? How and when can I register?
- Start planning for your future today! Stop in or make an appointment in the MAC - we can help you explore options, navigate the steps you'll need to take, find resources to balance studying with your life outside of school, and reach your goals.
Hours of Operation
|9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday - Sunday|
MAC 253-833-9111, ext. 2017 Student Affairs and Success Center, 104