There are three main costs for this program:
Program Fee, Tuition, Airfare
1. Program Fee: $6,700 Payment Deadline: October 24, 2022
A $450 deposit is required upon acceptance to hold your place in the program. This deposit is deducted from the program fee.
Your Program Fee Includes:
- 6 Weeks Housing Accommodations
- 3 weeks in a Private dorm room at Newman College, University of Melbourne
- 3 weks in Shared Apartment at Unitec Institute of Technology in Auckland
- Transfers to/from Melbourne and Auckland airports
- Weekly excursions and field trips to museums, field biology sites, etc.
- Overnight stay in an traditional Maori Marae in Auckland
- Most lunches and dinners at Newman college in Melbourne
- Kitchen facilities to cook your own meals in Auckland
- Pre-departure and arrival orientations
- Welcome and farewell BBQ/Pizza parties in Melbourne and Auckland
- Curriculum lab fee of $350
- Basic student medical insurance
2. Tuition: 15 Credits. Cost and deadline varies by college.
You will pay your home college directly for tuition. This allows your classes to be recorded directly on your transcript. Consult with your college coordinator regarding fees and deadlines.
3. Airfare: Average cost $1,600-2,000
Students will purchase their own flights. This is more economical than organizing a group flight. We will provide you with the suggested flight itineraries. You will need to purchase your flights by December 1.
You will need to budget for these additional costs, which are NOT included in the Program Fee:
College tuition and books
Airfare, airport taxes, fees and surcharges
Meals not specified
Housing accommodations during break weeks (5 nights in each country)
Personal and entertainment expenses
Independent travel and expenses during or after the program
New Zealand tourist visa (~$30)
Australia tourist visa (~$25)
Anything not specified as included in the program
*Note About Spending Money: You will need to budget for your own housing and meal costs for the break weeks in Australia and New Zealand. Budget options and suggested destinations will be provided at orientation. Costs will vary depending on your personal travel plans, but past students have suggested bringing a total of $2,500-$5,000 to cover ALL spending money for the entire 10 week program.
The exchange rate is favorable to the US dollar, and the average cost of living in Australia and New Zealand is lower than in the United States.
*Note About Financial Aid: You may use federal financial aid to pay for tuition and program fees. If you plan to use financial aid to pay for your program, you must indicate this on your application form. Financial aid students are required to pay the $450 deposit, along with a minimum of 30% of the program fee by the payment deadline, accompanied by an award letter from their Financial Aid office. Any balances not covered by financial aid are also due by the payment deadline.
*Scholarships: Two $1,000 scholarships are available to Green River College students. Students may apply after they have been accepted to the program and paid the deposit.
Virtual Advising Appointments Now Available!
Study Abroad Staff
Megan Swanson, Assistant Director of International Education
Office Location: IVD 116
Marc Milsten, International Marketing - Regional Director
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2145
Follow us on Social Media! #GRCstudyabroad
Detailed brochures and applications are available for each program. Information meetings are arranged as needed. Group orientation sessions are scheduled prior to departure.
McIntyre International Village D (IVD)
Study Abroad Programs- IP
Green River College
12401 SE 320th St.
Auburn, WA, 98092
Would you like more information about a study abroad program?
Applications are now accepted via WCCCSA.com