Where You'll be Studying
Barcelona is the capital and most populous city of Catalonia and the second largest city in Spain. Barcelona is an important cultural center and a major tourist destination and has a rich culture.
Classes will be held at the facilities of Barcelona International House and the Barcelona School for International Studies (SIS). The school is located in the city center, just steps from Placa Urquinaona, 5 minutes from Placa Catalunya, and 5 minutes from the Arco de Triunfo.
Students will live with homestay families, with daily breakfast and dinner included. You will need to make your own arrangements for all of your lunches.
Included in the program students will have:
- Pre-Departure Orientation- A comprehensive session covering all travel and safety expectations, policies and procedures, led by a team of WCCCSA study abroad coordinators and your lead faculty member.
- Airport Pick-up: Pick up is included for those who arrive on the arrival date before noon. Airport drop off is not included.
- On-site Orientation: A thorough on-site cross-cultural and health and safety orientation will be provided upon arrival.
- Welcome and farewell meals
- Transportation: An unlimited public transportation pass will be provided for all students while in Barcelona
- Three day-trips (one welcome hike and two excursions outside the city)
- One overnight trip to Zaragoza
- Cultural Activities: A weekly cultural agenda with local events and activities will be sent to students. Students will all receive a copy of our “Barcelona Bucket List” outlining 100 ways to explore the city like a local.
- Full comprehensive medical and accident insurance included.
Virtual Advising Appointments Now Available!
Study Abroad Staff
Megan Swanson, Program Manager
Office Location: IVD 116
Marc Milsten, International Marketing - Regional Director
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2145
Follow us on Social Media! #GRCstudyabroad
Detailed brochures and applications are available for each program. Information meetings are arranged as needed. Group orientation sessions are scheduled prior to departure.
McIntyre International Village D (IVD) 115
Study Abroad Programs- IP
Green River College
12401 SE 320th St.
Auburn, WA, 98092
Would you like more information about a study abroad program?