Book Loan Program
Book Loan Hours are Monday - Thursday from 10:00am - 2:00pm. For any inquiries, requests or pickups outside these hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Book Loan Program provides equitable support to students by covering textbook and course material fees. CAP students can borrow textbooks each quarter for free. For more information on eligibility and requirements, contact us at email@example.com.
How to use our Book Loan Program:
1. Become a CAP student! To utilize our Book Loan Program and any of our other services, students must apply to our Commencement Achievement Program (CAP). CAP prepares students to navigate the college system and ensure academic success by providing innovative and high-quality programs, services, and resources. All current Green River College students (domestic, international and undocumented) are eligible for CAP. For more information on eligiblity and requirements, contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Attend CAP Orientation! Once you have submitted an application for CAP, you will receive an email from one of our staff letting you know that your application has been approved and your next steps. Sign-Up for CAP Orientation here.
3. Complete a Yearly Agreement Form. After CAP Orientation, you will complete a Yearly Agreement Form, stating that you attended CAP Orientation and understand the policies and procedures around the Book Loan Program. *Note: Any outstanding, lost, or damaged textbook loans from our office are the responsibility of the student and must pay any associating fines before our office can fulfill any book requests.
4. Submit a Book Request. After completing CAP Orientation, you will be eligble to submit a book request. All book requests are processed in the order that they were received. Once your textbooks are ready, we will notify you via email. For local students (students residing in Washington State), we are offering shipping services through the PaperTree Bookstore. If you would like your textbooks to be mailed to you, please contact Leilani Salu, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com. *Note: For each book you are requesting, you must fill out a separate form for each one. You will need the following information:
- Title of the book, Author, Edition, and ISBN number. The Paper Tree Bookstore website can help you locate this information if needed.
We encourage students to apply & submit their textbooks requests before the quarter starts, but will be accepting textbook requests throughout the quarter. The Book Loan Program is for current GRC students residing in Washington State. GRC Students who do not reside in Washington State and are requesting textbook assistance, please contact Leilani Salu at firstname.lastname@example.org. Out-of-State requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and are subject to change or may change at the reasonable discretion of the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.*
We are no longer offering mailing options for textbooks; all textbook requests will be pick-up ONLY.
*If you are a GRC student residing out of WA State and were approved to receive textbook assistance, please be mindful of these timelines when requesting textbooks. Shipping times/dates are outside ODEI's purview and may be subject to delays, changes, and longer wait times compared to pickup.
For more information regarding this resource, please contact Leilani Salu, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2803
Bilingual Services Line
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2801
Our office provides over ten different languages every year to provide verbal and written translation services. ODEI’s bilingual service line is a great resource for students, staff, faculty, and GRC community to access and receive support from an available ODEI representative. Languages vary depending on the demand and annual hiring cohort.
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday|
|8:00am - 5:00pm PST|
|8:00am - 4:30pm PST|
|Saturday - Sunday|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays|
|11:00am - 3:00pm|
|or by appointment|
Book Loan Hours*
|Monday - Thursday|
|10:00am - 2:00pm|
|Friday - Sunday|
*For pickup, requests and inquiries about Book Loan Program
Mel Lindbloom Student Union
Second Floor, Campus Life Office 240