Book Loan Program
Book Loan Hours are Monday - Thursday from 10:00am - 4:00pm. For any inquiries, requests or pickups outside these hours, please contact email@example.com.
The Book Loan Program provides equitable support to students by covering textbook and course material fees. ODEI students can borrow textbooks each quarter for free. For more information on eligibility and requirements, contact Kiran Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at email@example.com.
How to use our Book Loan Program:
1. Become an ODEI student! To utilize our Book Loan Program and any of our other services, students must apply to become an ODEI student by filling out the ODEI Intake Form. Click the link to fill out the form! ODEI prepares students to navigate the college system and ensure academic success by providing innovative and high-quality programs, services, and resources. All current Green River College students (domestic, international and undocumented) are eligible for ODEI. For more information on eligiblity and requirements, contact our Program Coordinator Kiran Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Attend ODEI Orientation! Once you have submitted the ODEI Intake Form (above), you will receive an email from one of our staff letting you know that your application has been approved and your next steps. In the meantime, click the link to self-enroll in our ODEI Canvas class. You must complete the "Orientation" module.
3. Submit a Book Request. After completing ODEI Orientation, you will be eligble to submit a book request. All book requests are processed in the order that they were received. We will email you if your textbook(s)/course-materials are approved, and once your textbooks are ready for pickup, we will notify you via email. Textbook distribution will begin on the first day of the quarter. For local students (students residing in Washington State), we are offering shipping services through the PaperTree Bookstore. If you would like your textbooks to be mailed to you, please contact Kiran Kaur, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
*Note: (1) Any outstanding, lost, or damaged textbook loans from our office are the responsibility of the student and must pay any associating fines before our office can fulfill any book requests. (2) For each book you are requesting, you will need the following information:
- Title of the book, Author, Edition, and ISBN number. The Paper Tree Bookstore website can help you locate this information if needed.
We encourage students to apply & submit their textbooks requests before the quarter starts, but will be accepting textbook requests throughout the quarter. The Book Loan Program is for current GRC students residing in Washington State. GRC Students who do not reside in Washington State and are requesting textbook assistance, please contact Kiran Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org. Out-of-State requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and are subject to change or may change at the reasonable discretion of the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.*
We are no longer offering mailing options for textbooks; all textbook requests will be pick-up ONLY.
*If you are a GRC student residing out of WA State and were approved to receive textbook assistance, please be mindful of these timelines when requesting textbooks. Shipping times/dates are outside ODEI's purview and may be subject to delays, changes, and longer wait times compared to pickup.
For more information regarding this resource, please contact Kiran Kaur, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Immigrant & Refugee
- LGBTQIA+ Demographic FAQs
- Creating LGBTQIA+ Friendly Communities in Healthcare & Education
- LGBTQ Resources
- Undocumented Students
Phone: 253-333-4973, ext. 4973
Hours of Operation
Winter Quarter Hours
|Monday - Friday
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
|Saturday - Sunday
Book Loan Hours*
|Monday - Thursday
|10:00am - 4:00pm
|Friday - Sunday
*For pickup, requests and inquiries about Book Loan Program
Mel Lindbloom Student Union
Second Floor, Campus Life Office SU-240