How to Request Certification
Military-connected students who plan to use VA education benefits must request certification every quarter. New students should check in with Veteran Services first prior to requesting certification so we can initiate your file in our office.
If you plan to use Post 9/11 GI Bill® to fund your education, please submit a Certificate of Eligibility or Statement of Benefits to our office. We are unable to process a hold on your registration unless we have a Certificate of Eligibility or Statement of Benefits on file. For questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Step 1: Check Registration Access Time
- Verify your registration access time through your CTCLink account
- Veterans may be eligible for priority registration - contact the Office of the Registrar for details
Step 2: Register for Classes
- Register for classes through your CTCLink account
- The VA will only pay for courses that are required for graduation from your Program of Study
- For questions concerning class selection, please work with your advisor or our Veteran Services Ed Planner
Step 3: Submit a Quarterly Enrollment Request (QER) Form
Step 4: Turn in Your QER Packet
- Preferred submission method is through Veteran Services class on GRC Canvas
- If you are unable to access Veteran Services Canvas, secure upload your documentation to Veteran Services
- We will forward your paperwork to our Veteran Services Ed Planner for review
Step 5: Monitor Student Email Account
- Your QER packet will be processed as soon as possible
- Veteran Services will contact you via email or through Canvas if there is a disrepenacy with your paperwork
- Upon processing into the VA system, you will receive an auto-generated email that will list your certification details
Step 6: Verify your Attendance
- If you are using Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Transfer of Entitlement, or Fry Scholarship, please verify your attendance at the end of every month. Information on ways to verify attendance can be found here.
- If you are using Montgomery GI Bill® or MGIB Select Reserve (1606), please verify attendance by calling 1-877-823-2378 or through the online portal at the end of every month.
‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill."