Frequently Asked Questions


HigherOne was purchased by Consumer Bank and will now be called BankMobile Disbursements. BankMobile Disbursements will disburse remaining financial aid funds to Green River College students.

  • How do I receive my remaining financial aid?
    Once you complete your financial aid file, BankMobile Disbursements will send you a Refund Selection Kit in a bright green envelope by mail. The envelope contains information you will need to set up how you would like to receive your refund (disbursement) while you are attending Green River College.

    You have three options to receive your financial aid refund (disbursement).You can make your refund (disbursement) selection or update it at any time at
    • Electronically transfer funds to your existing bank account (2-3 days), or
    • Open a free BankMobile Vibe checking account with a DEBIT CARD, or
    • Have a paper check mailed to you by the U.S. Postal Service (5-7 days).
  • How will I get my Refund Selection Kit to select my refund (disbursement) option?
    Once you complete your financial aid file, you will receive your Refund Selection Kit in the mail at your current address on file with the Enrollment Services. Please contact the financial aid office if you need assistance.
  • How long will it take to get my financial aid disbursement? 
    The timing will vary depending upon the date you accept your award and register for classes.  The earliest time to receive your financial aid disbursement will be the afternoon of the first day of the quarter.

    Electronically transfer your disbursement to your own checking account (2-3 days).

    After requesting a BankMobile Vibe checking account, it can take 5-7 days to receive your Gator Choice Debit Card in the mail.  The BankMobile Vibe checking account is a free checking account used with the Gator Choice Debit Card - you receive funding the same day BankMobile Disbursements receives your electronic fund transfer from Green River College.

    Mail a paper check via the U.S. Postal Service (5-7 days).
  • Does BankMobile Disbursements charge fees for receiving my financial aid disbursement?
    You are not charged for receiving your refund (disbursement), regardless of your method of disbursement.
  • Can I change my refund preference?
    Yes, you can update your refund (disbursement) preference at any time online at
  • Do I have to activate my Gator Choice Debit Card?
    You will only receive a Gator Choice Debit Card if you have requested the BankMobile Vibe checking account. The card must be activated to be used as a MasterCard Debit Card.
  • What is the BankMobile Vibe checking account and do I have to open one?
    You are not required to open a new bank account. The BankMobile Vibe checking account is a free checking account. If you select the BankMobile account option, your Gator Choice Debit Card will be used as a debit card with the checking account.
  • Where can I use the Gator Choice Debit Card?
    If you choose the BankMobile Vibe checking account (free checking account), you can use the card anywhere a DEBIT MasterCard would be accepted. To avoid fees when making a purchase, select the "credit" option which is called "swipe and sign". Your card is still used as a debit card but without fees. Your debit card cannot be used as a credit card. In most cases you will be asked to sign a receipt if you use the swipe and sign option. By saying credit, the vendor pays the fee.
  • Are there any ATM fees?
    There are no fees when you use the ATM's in the Allpoint national ATM network. There are two convenient and free ATM's locations on the Auburn main campus.
    • Salish Hall Lobby – north door.
    • Science Building Lobby – north door.
  • How will I know when my disbursement (refund) has been deposited to my BankMobile Vibe checking account?
    You can sign up for refund status mobile alerts. You can also check your account balance at an Allpoint ATM for free.
  • How do I request a replacement card?
    If you lose your Gator Choice Debit Card after it has been activated, you can request a replacement card from BankMobile Disbursements. You will be charged a $10 replacement fee.

Contact Us

Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2449
Fax: 253-288-3473
Location: Student Affairs
and Success Center, 231

Hours of Operation

Monday, Tuesday 
8 a.m. - 6 p.m
Wednesday, Thursday 
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday

Federal School Code

Our Federal School Code is 003780


2018-2019 Academic Year Applications (Fall 2018 - Summer 2019)
Spring Quarter 2018
  • Spring quarter tuition holds will be given to files completed by February 15.
Processing Updates

We are currently processing applications completed in January. (updated on 1/11/18)