On October 25, Green River College is launching the ctcLink student self-service portal that provides an improved user experience. Students should take steps to:
- Visit the ctcLink webpage to activate your ctcLink account beginning October 25th
- At this time, students will not be able to view information regarding their financial aid in ctcLink. Please refer to the Student Financial Aid Portal to view your aid status for the current award year (fall 2021, winter 2022, spring 2022). After the new year, information regarding the status of your aid for the 2022-2023 award year will be available in ctcLink for those who have submitted their FAFSA/WASFA applications.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have questions regarding your aid. We will re-open on October 25th. Please refer to our hours of operation to see when and how you can get in touch with us.
- Renew Your FAFSA/WASFA applications for the 2022-2023 award year to ensure that you continue to receive aid for summer and fall quarter 2022.
Receiving Your Aid
Congratulations on receiving your financial aid award notification! Read your award letter thoroughly and accept the awards that you believe are most beneficial to you. You can accept/decline the offered awards through your portal or return your signed award letter to the Financial Aid Office.
- Do I need to enroll full-time?
You do not need to enroll full-time to receive financial aid. If you want to be a part-time student, your grant(s) will be reduced.
- Full-time (12 or more credits in your program of study) = full grant
- Three-quarter (9, 10, or 11 credits) = 3/4 of the grant
- One-half (6, 7, or 8 credits) = 1/2 of the grant
- Less than half (5 or fewer credits) = partial Grant ONLY if eligible
- How do I pay my tuition?
Your financial aid funds will pay your tuition as long as your registered credits match the financial aid award level. Please notify the Financial Aid office if you are registering less than 12 credits.
- How do I get my money?
BankMobile Disbursements will deliver your remaining financial aid after your tuition has been paid. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: http://bankmobiledisbursements.com/how-it-works/.
- How long can I receive financial aid?
You may receive financial aid up to 150% of your program's length, which includes all attempted college level credits. For an Associate Degree, 150% of the program length is usually 9 full-time quarters. Baccalaureate Degree students will be allowed an additional nine quarters for the junior and senior years.
- Will financial aid cover all classes or programs?
No! Financial aid can only cover state-approved degrees or certificates, and the certificates need to be at least two quarters in length to be eligible. Financial aid will only pay for required classes in your program. Not all classes listed as electives in the catalog are eligible for funding.
- What happens if I drop out of all of my classes?
If you drop all of your classes during a quarter (or stop attending all classes), you will lose your future financial aid eligibility. You may also be required to repay some of the grant or loan funds you received to the government and the college. When this happens, you are reported to a national database and lose eligibility at all colleges until the funds are repaid.
- How do I start my work-study job?
Work-study may be a part of your financial aid offer. To receive Work-Study, you must have unmet financial need and be accepted for an eligible campus job. Visit GatorJobs to view open positions. Contact Natalya Thompson, Student Employment Specialist, if you have questions at NAThompson@greenriver.edu
The Financial Aid Office will re-open to answer student questions beginning October 25th. Our hours of operation for the rest of fall quarter are listed below.
Renew Your FAFSA/WASFA for 2022-23
The new FAFSA and WASFA applications for the 2022-23 award year are available. Renew your application today to ensure you have aid for summer and fall quarter next year.
We are currently processing financial aid applications for fall quarter completed in August 2021 (updated on 11/23/2021)
How do I submit a document to Financial Aid?
Students can now submit files electronically to our office using our secure document upload tool. Students can continue to submit documents via the Financial Aid Portal, but we will no longer accept documents via email for security reasons.
Need extra money?
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780
Hours of Operation
|Fall Quarter Hours Beginning October 25th|
|Monday - Friday 12 PM - 4 PM|
|Phone Hours (253) 288-3392|
|Monday - Friday 10 AM - 4 PM|
|In-Person Help at GRC's Main Campus in Auburn|
|Available by Appointment on Mondays and Thursdays from 8 AM - 5 PM|
Make an appointment to meet financial aid staff in-person
Green River College | 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA. 98092
Student Affairs Building, Room 231