Tutor-TRiO Student Support Services
- Posting Date: 09/01/2017
- Employer: Green River College
- Department: TRiO
- Job Location: Student Affairs and Success Center
- Contact Name: Daetwiler, Shane
- Contact Phone: (253) 833-9111 ext. 3397
- Contact E-mail: Sdaetwiler@greenriver.edu
- Funding Source: FWS|WFS|WG
- Job Description: The TRiO tutor is a part-time staff member who provides specialized academic tutoring assistance for TRiO participants and mentoring for other TRiO Peer Tutors. Senior TRiO Tutors work independently in the TRiO lab, perfomrning specialized tutoring services using skills and knowledge for students with special needs. Peer Tutors independently tutor students assigned to them for specific course content. TRiO Peer Tutors refer their tutees as appropriate to other college services and resources i.e., healther services, financial aid, etc. Job duties include: Planning and strategizing appropriate individualized learning sessions for students with specialized needs. Working independently with tutees in various areas of the campus as needed. Helping participants become familiar with college resources. Advising and refering TRiO participants to appropriate college resources, as needs arise. Attending mettings with TRiO staff as required. Recording observations on tutor log and submitting twice per month for review. Participating in trainings the week prior to the beginning of fall quarter and/or throughout the quarter as needed.
- Minimum Requirements: Minimum college-level cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0, and 3.3 or above in content area. Working knowledge and skills about enhancing motivation and study habits in tutees. Strong interpersonal skills for working with individuals on a one-on-one basis and in group situations. Ability to strategize and plan for supplemental sessions as appropriate to assist students with specialized learning needs. Ability to work with other tutors in a "lead" position. Must be available to attend on-going Peer Tutor training throughtout the quarter.
- Minimum Wage: $11.00 per hour
- Maximum Wage: $11.00 per hour
Green River College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion, age or any other unlawful basis in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Vice President of Human Resources, 12401 SE 320th Stret, Auburn, WA 98092, (253) 288-3320. To receive this information in an alternate format, please contact Disability Affairs at (253) 833-9111, ext. 2631; TTY (253) 288-3359.
P: 253-833-9111, ext. 2447
- All new hires must meet with student employment specialist to complete hiring paperwork before working.
- All new on campus employers must meet with student employment specialist before making job offers.
Student Affairs and Success Center, 231
Main Campus Map