Verification of Services

Enrollment Verification

Verification of enrollment must be made by written request; your signature is required, authorizing Green River to release the information. Verifications may be mailed-in or submitted in-person at the Registration Office, picture ID is required. Verifications can also be sent directly to 

Completed verifications will not be faxed out.  They will be mailed or handed back to the student with photo ID.

Verifications will not be completed for future quarters. Verifications for current students will be processed beginning the first day of the quarter. Often, your quarterly schedule can be used, if an official signature is not required.

You can also submit forms from outside agencies or submit the Enrollment Verification form to the Office of the Registrar by mail or in person. Allow 48 business hours for processing.

Mail to:

Green River College
Office of the Registrar
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092

In person:

Office of the Regsitrar/Registration
2nd Floor
Student Affairs and Success Center

Degree Verification

Green River College uses a service called the National Student Clearinghouse. Outside agencies, such as credit card companies, travel companies, consumer product companies, and employers contact the Clearinghouse for enrollment verification. They can contact the National Student Clearinghouse by:

Phone: 703-742-4200 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15
Fax: 703-742-4239
Web site:

The Clearinghouse will not be able to verify student enrollment for students who have elected to block release of "directory information" under FERPA. Students must contact the Office of the Regsitrar in person to request a block be placed on their record.

Students who attended prior to 1989 must contact Ethe Office of the Regsitrar.  Some records may not be stored in the current computer system.  Please allow 1 week for processing.

Only directory information can be released without student's authorization to lenders, employers, or other organizations authorized as eligible requesters under contracts with educational institutions. Directory information may include the following:

  • Name
  • Major field of study
  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
  • Weight and height of members of athletic teams
  • Dates of attendance
  • Degrees and awards received
  • Most recent previous educational agency or institution attended

Loan Deferment

A deferment allows you to temporarily postpone your monthly payments. If you have a subsidized loan, the federal government will pay the interest for you during a period of deferment. For other loans, interest will accrue during deferments.

You must be attending an eligible institution at least half-time (6 credits at Green River).

The loan company will either use the National Student Clearinghouse or send you an In-School Deferment Form to have filled out and sent back.  These forms need to be sent to:

National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd, #300
Herndon, VA 20171

For more information on Loan Deferments go to the US Dept. of Education website or National Student Clearinghouse.

Contact Us

Office of the Registrar Phone: 253-288-3383


Please submit all PDF forms and supporting materials to our Secure Document Upload tool, or in person to SA 280


Student Affairs and Success Center, room 280