Open Doors at Green River
A partnership between Green River College and the local school districts (currently including Auburn, Tahoma and Kent School Districts) providing students who have not earned a high school diploma with a variety of new options to reach their educational goals.
For students who are meeting eligibility requirements, Open Doors pays for students' tuition, books and some course fees. Open Doors students receive one-on-one advising and wrap around services to help reduce barriers so they can focus on accomplishing their goals.
Depending on a students' program of study, Open Doors Students may be able to take classes at all Green River Campus locations including:
- Main Campus - Auburn
- Kent Campus
- Auburn Center
- Enumclaw Campus
Through Open Doors students have the ability to earn:
- Washington State Diploma
- Professional/technical certificates
- Associate Degrees
To qualify for an Open Doors Program:
- Students must be between 16-21 years old
- Students must NOT have earned a high school diploma
- Students need to be significantly credit deficient OR more than one year passed their original cohort graduation date
The steps to enroll differ depending on a student's educational goals. To find out how to begin the enrollment process, please contact us:
- Call: 253-333-4968
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: 253-740-5861
- Come speak to someone in person: Rutkowski Learning Center (RLC), room 127 on the Green River Main Campus in Auburn.
We are available to answer your questions from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Fridays.
Open Doors is supported by
United Way of King County.