American Health Information Management Association Approved!
The Green River College Medical Coding and Reimbursement Certificate program is approved by the AHIMA Professional Certificate Approval Program. This designation acknowledges the coding program as having been evaluated by a peer review process against a national minimum set of standards for entry-level coding professionals. This process allows academic institutions to be acknowledged as offering an approved coding certificate program.
- "Value for Students" Statement
The AHIMA Professional Certificate Approval Program designation:
- Identifies specialized programs that meet established coding educational standards
- Stimulates improvement of educational standards through faculty development opportunities, and by involving faculty and staff in program evaluation and planning
- Promotes a better understanding of the goals of professional coding education
- Provides reasonable assurance that practitioners possess the necessary job skills upon entry into the profession
- Timeframe of program approval: February 2020 to February 2023 with annual interim approval during these years
The Medical Coding and Reimbursement Certificate program is approved as a Comprehensive Coding Program by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Professional Certificate Approval Program (PCAP).
Upon completion of the Medical Coding and Reimbursement Certificate program, graduates are eligible to apply to the American Health Information Management Association or the American Academy of Professional Coders for permission to participate in the examination process. The credentialing process associated with this profession is considered voluntary. For further information, contact:
233 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 2150
Chicago, IL 60601-5800
American Academy of Professional Coders
2480 South 3850 West
Salt Lake City, UT. 84120
Professional Certificate Approval Program (PCAP)