Program at a Glance
- The Practical Nursing Program is a four-quarter program beginning each Fall Quarter and concluding at the end of Summer Quarter
- Program capacity is 40 students, which is determined by available faculty
- A minimum grade of 2.5 or higher is required in each nursing and supporting course
About the Program
Green River College’s Practical Nursing Program prepares students for careers as licensed practical nurses.
The Practical Nursing Program consists of 105 credits, which includes classroom instruction, campus lab practice, and community lab experiences. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN). Passage of this exam is the mechanism by which to receive a license to practice as an LPN.
Benefits of pursuing a LPN:
- Job Security
- Excellent pathway into nursing and gaining experience
- Students can bridge into an ADN or BSN program
- Start working in as little as 1 year
Please visit our online catalog to view more program details including requirements and a curriculum map.
The Green River Nursing Program has a new state of the art SIM lab.
The simulation suite has three beds, each with the ability to relay and record audio/visual, patient and patient monitor data using our cloud based simulation management system. The program has five high-fidelity simulation manikins: two adults (Nursing Anne), one pediatric (SimJunior), one obstetric (Noelle) and one neonate simulator (Hal). During student simulation activities, the faculty can observe the students in our observation room. The observation room has three large 1-way window systems to observe the simulation area as well as the medication room. The program uses SimCapture, a learning management system, that records and allows faculty to assess simulation activities. There is also a debrief room that allows the program to broadcast simulations in real-time, or as a recording. This area allows for students to observe simulation activities and engage in meaningful debrief.first is true; getContentTypeIDi = 5length is 15
Practical Nursing Program Handbook
Download a PDF of the Nursing Programs Student Handbook.
Degrees & Certificates
Program Quick Links
- Program Overview
- Mission and Program Goals
- Application and Admissions
- Important Dates
- Costs & Funding Options
- 2020-2021 Student Nursing Handbook
Contact & Location
- Email Us for General Inquiries
- Call for appointment: 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
- Health Occupation Admissions
Career & Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
Program holds pre-accreditation status from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation, located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 20037. Holding pre-accreditation status does not guarantee that initial accreditation by NLN CNEA will be received.
The Green River College Practical Nursing program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission.