Policy Type: Student Affairs
Policy Title: Transcript Issuance Policy
Policy Number: SA-09
Provide information and procedures for current or former students to obtain official and unofficial transcripts, from Legacy and ctcLink.
Current or former Green River College students.
Official Transcript: A transcript annotating all academic coursework and any additional pertinent information about a student which is issued through a formal process. Whether digital or paper official transcript, it should include the college seal or its facsimile, date of issue and an authorized signature or facsimile. Paper (hardcopy) official transcripts are printed on paper with security features such as a watermark, the College seal, date of issuance, and signature of the Registrar.
Unofficial Transcript: A copy of a transcript, which is not issued through the formal process and does not include a college seal or authorized signature. Unofficial transcripts are typically printed out by the student from the student management system and can be used for course placement, preliminary advisement and educational planning, and unofficial documentation of enrollment.
Legacy System: Student management system used by the College prior to October 2021.
CtcLink: Student management system used by the College beginning October 2021.
Official transcripts will be provided to students upon request through a formal process and are issued by Green River College’s Office of the Registrar. Official transcripts are the official record of individual student’s academic achievement at the College.
Official transcripts are not withheld for financial debt collection purposes, except as allowed by RCW 28B.10.294.
The college also complies with the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Except as permitted or required by law, the college does not release student information, including transcript information, without the student’s written consent.
Obtaining an Official Transcript
Official transcripts will be sent to any individual, institution, or agency upon the student’s formal request process. Students may request official transcripts by:
- Ordering online through Parchment for a fee of $12 per transcript request. Or,
- Ordering in-person at the Office of the Registrar for a fee of $25.00 for each on-demand transcript processed. A valid photo ID is required for pick-up of transcripts.
- Requests for hardcopies of official transcripts to be released to someone other than the student must be sent (in advance) to the Office of the Registrar (OTR@greenriver.edu), and the request must name the receiving party. The receiving party must show a valid form of photo ID before the official transcript is released.
Obtaining an Unofficial Transcript
An Unofficial transcript can be viewed and/or printed online for free.
- From Legacy: Unofficial transcripts can be retrieved through the Legacy Grades and Unofficial Transcript page of the Green River website.
- From CtcLink: Unofficial transcripts can be viewed in the Academic Records tile of ctcLink.
State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC), Policy Manual, Chapter 4
Revised Code of Washington 28B.10.294
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act 1972
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: April 5, 2023
Adopted: June 29, 2007
Revised: January 5, 2021; April 5, 2023
Reviewed by: Office of the Registrar, Student Affairs Leadership Team
Contact: Jenny Wheeler, director of the office of the registrar, ext 3411
President’s Staff Sponsor: David Larsen, Dean of Enrollment and Completion, 253-833-9111, ext. 3307, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SA 1 Academic Standards & Progress Policy
- SA 2 Academic Honors
- SA-3 Audit a Class
- SA-4 Admissions
- SA-5 Deceased Student
- SA-6 Grading Policy
- SA-9 Transcripts
- SA-13 Financial Aid Application Process
- SA-14 Federal Direct Loan Program
- SA-15 Financial Aid Eligibility
- SA-16 Return of Financial Aid Funds
- SA-17 Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid
- SA-18 Notification on Convicted Sexual Offenders
- SA-20 Degree Exception
- SA-22 Graduation Criteria
- SA-24 Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy
- SA-27 Missing Student Policy
- SA-28 Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- SA-29 Facility Access & Maintenance for Safety
- SA-30 Fire Safety Education for CCA
- SA-31 Reporting Crimes and Other Emergencies
- SA-89 Transfer Credit
- SA-90 Academic Credit for Prior Learning
- SA-91 College Holiday & Leave Policy
- SA-92 Timely Warning Notifications
- SA-93 Emergency Notification Policy