Policy Type: Student Affairs
Policy Title: Transcript Policy
Policy Number: SA-09
Provide information and procedures for students to obtain an official and unofficial transcript.
All students, staff, faculty and administrators of Green River.
Official Transcript: A transcript validated by Green River College’s Registrar and is in a sealed transcript envelope. Generally, other institutions require students to submit official transcripts to transfer credits to their institutions.
Unofficial Transcript: A transcript, which is not validated by Green River College’s Registrar or is in an unsealed envelope.
Official Transcripts issued by Green River College is the official record of individual student academic achievement at the college.
Official Transcripts will be provided to students upon request provided all outstanding financial obligations have been satisfied. According to FERPA regulations, students with outstanding financial obligations can access unofficial transcripts and other student records.
In order to comply with Family Educational Privacy Act 1972 (FERPA), student information (including transcripts) will not be released to third parties without prior written permission of the student.
Obtaining an Official Transcript
An official transcript of grades will be sent to any high school, college, university or other agency upon the student’s request. Students may request official transcripts by:
- Ordering online at studentclearinghouse.org. The fee is $7.75 per transcript requested plus a processing fee of $2.25 per recipient. Or,
- Ordering in-person at the Office of the Registrar. The fee is $25.00 for each on-demand transcript processed. Photo ID is required for pick-up of transcripts.
Obtaining an Unofficial Transcript
An Unofficial transcript can be viewed and/or printed from the Online Services area of the Green River College website for no fee.
State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC), Policy Manual, Chapter 4
Washington State Student Services Commission
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act 1972
Green River Registrar
History of Policy or Procedure:
Draft: May 3, 2005
Adopted: June 29, 2007
Revised: January 5, 2021
Reviewed by: Enrollment Services, Student Affairs Leadership Team
Contact: Jenny Wheeler, Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar, ext. 2503
President’s Staff Sponsor: Dr. Deborah Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328
- SA 1 Academic Standards & Progress Policy
- SA 2 Academic Honors
- SA-3 Audit a Class
- SA-4 Admissions
- SA-5 Deceased Student
- SA-6 Grading Policy
- SA-9 Transcripts
- SA-13 Financial Aid Application Process
- SA-14 Federal Direct Loan Program
- SA-15 Financial Aid Eligibility
- SA-16 Return of Financial Aid Funds
- SA-17 Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid
- SA-18 Notification on Convicted Sexual Offenders
- SA-20 Degree Exception
- SA-22 Graduation Criteria
- SA-24 Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy
- SA-26 Age Exemption Policy
- SA-27 Missing Student Policy
- SA-28 Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- SA-29 Facility Access & Maintenance for Safety
- SA-30 Fire Safety Education for CCA
- SA-31 Reporting Crimes and Other Emergencies
- SA-89 Transfer Credit
- SA-90 Academic Credit for Prior Learning
- SA-91 College Holiday & Leave Policy
- SA-92 Timely Warning Notifications
- SA-93 Emergency Notification Policy